In addition to our robust Health and Safety policy DC has a further measures to deal with our COVID-19 outbreak: Decent Cleaning has introduce additional control measures to prevent or limit exposure to Coronavirus (COVID-19) in addition to our Health and Safety Policy for hazardous substances (COSHH) and Risk Assessment (RA) of how to clean Commercial Premises and an End of Tenancy Cleaning: These guidelines apply where there is no suspected Coronavirus (COVID-19) at the visited premises.
- DC Cleaners should gather their usual cleaning supplies, plus a disinfectant product and (PPE) disposable gloves, face masks and apron as optional. DC Cleaners will be required to use provided Antibacterial Hand Sanitiser that contains 70% alcohol, disposable latex gloves, disposable facemasks, and optionally a disposable apron.
- Upon entering the premises, DC staff should avoid physical greetings. Once inside, DC cleaners should avoid physical greetings with tenants and try to stay more than 2m or 1m away from anybody else in the property. All our cleaners will be required to work separates and work alone in each room/area, except in large area where the 2 metre or 1 metre social distancing rule must be maintained.
- Cleaners will be required to clean their hands frequently, using soap and water for at least 20 seconds or with provided an alcohol-based hand sanitiser at commercial premises (Jangro Alcohol Gel Hand Rub) that contains 70% alcohol and put on disposable gloves and optionally an apron.
- Before cleaning, DC cleaners should open any windows that they can for ventilation, and turn on extractor fans. Windows must be closed after cleaning.
- In addition to our regular Commercial and End of Tenancy cleaning list, Cleaners when cleaning should pay extra attention to ‘high-touch’ surfaces that are contacted frequently in daily life, including: Door handles, Light switched and Sockets, Desks, Wardrobe handles, Cupboards, Bathroom surfaces.
- To clean hard floors, cleaners should fill a bucket with warm water and use suitable product for floor’s surface. For commercial premises mop heads used will be disposed of and should be put into waste bags.
- Machine-washable equipment including microfiber cloths will be cleaned at a high temperature at 60C or above. Our cloths will be washed at the highest recommended temperature.
- Any of DC cleaners with even a mild cough or low-grade fever (37.3 C or more) needs to stay at home.
- Any cleaners who develops flu-like symptoms (i.e. cough, shortness of breath, fever) should go home immediately and contact the NHS online or call 111 for advice. If there is any reason to suspect that they may have been in contact with COVID-19.
- Any of our cleaners who fall within the vulnerable group identified by NHS are strongly advised to follow the Government's social distancing policy.
As per our online T & C under 'Clients Terms’, clause 8 it clearly stated that if client or any of household member is sick client should inform us immediately prior to our cleaners next visit.
For more guidance about COVID-19: cleaning in non-healthcare follow this link Covid-19